NorthLegal Training and Publications (“NorthLegal”) is dedicated to providing
the most accurate and current legal information possible for credit unions
and other consumer lending institutions, to helping those institutions develop
careful and practical
procedures for complying with the laws that govern them,
and to doing so with a minimum of legal jargon and in a way that is understandable.
Types of Training
Recognizing that different people have different ways of learning and have different
time and budgetary constraints, NorthLegal, working in cooperation with local,
state and national trade associations, provides training for consumer lending
- Seminars and breakout sessions provided in various cities. (For a list of
upcoming seminars, click
- NorthLegal Webinars provided regularly throughout the year. (For a list of webinars coming soon, or for archived webinars, click
here. For a list of webinar dates through the remainder of the year, click
- Multi-day NorthLegal Conferences intended to provide participants with thorough,
detailed, and practical training regarding the subjects covered.
Seminar, webinar, and conference topics vary, but include:
- Legal Update seminars, conducted annually for certain state trade associations, provide an analysis of a wide variety of recent federal and state laws, federal and state regulations, and federal and state court decisions, and of current legal trends that are likely to affect financial institutions.
- Bankruptcy seminars, webinars and conferences.
- Collections seminars and webinars.
- Complex Laws conferences.
- Privacy seminars and webinars.
- Third Party Relationships and Due Diligence seminars.
- Miscellaneous other seminars and webinars.
NorthLegal also periodically provides publications intended to help credit unions
and other consumer lending institutions understand and comply with specific laws.
NorthLegal currently publishes ...
- California Repossessions: Law and Procedures Guide. This manual provides
an in-depth explanation of the various laws affecting repossessions in California,
including (but not only) the Uniform Commercial Code and the Rees-Levering
Motor Vehicle Sales and Finance Act. The Repo Guide also provides sample forms. For
more information click here.
For more information about upcoming programs, click here